What is dementia support?
Living with dementia can be challenging but we are here to support you to live life to the fullest. Our focus is on understanding your interests, life history, family, and friends so we can work with you to enhance your abilities. We can help to make your home a more comfortable place and offer expertise and educational support for carers to help you develop interests and pastimes you enjoy.
In-home dementia respite care
We provide flexible, in-home care options suited to your individual needs, including overnight and weekend support. Our in-home dementia respite care service has been co-designed with real families experiencing dementia. As a result, our dementia care consultants will work with you and your loved ones to understand your needs, and match you with a skilled personal carer, trained in dementia care. An introductory session allows you to make sure you are comfortable with them before your service commences. The service includes:
- Respite provided in the home, not in a centre.
- Flexible time options, from two hours to 24 hours and beyond, including overnight and weekend support.
- Time with a dementia care consultant, who will develop an intimate knowledge of your family’s needs.
- Matching with a personal carer who has received dementia care training in partnership with TAFE Queensland and Dementia Australia.
- Introductory session to meet your personal carer and establish a support routine before the service commences.
- Support tailored to your individual needs.
- Support to maintain your links to your local community and to continue to enjoy your hobbies and pastimes.
At BlueCare, we’re here to support people living with dementia – and their carers – to live the highest quality of life possible. Learn more about dementia support at BlueCare here. To find out more about our BlueCare and our commitment to you, read our Client Information Book.
What our customers say
‘I knew after about five minutes that Mum was going to be fine by the way she reacted to meeting the carers for the first time.’
‘It let me get a good night’s sleep at my daughter’s house because I didn't have to worry.’
‘The introduction session is great – my wife was very anxious and this really calmed her.’
Commonwealth Home Support Program
An entry-level government program for older people who need some help with basic tasks.
Find out more
Government funding for more comprehensive help at home, with more flexibility and choice of services.
Find out more
Self-funded option to purchase home care services direct from BlueCare.
Find out more
Our big-hearted team is here for you - give us a call on 1300 238 322, or complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.